St Margaret's, Denton

  

St Margaret of Antioch church is grade 2* listed church, the first church on this site was consecrated in 1190.   The building as it is now has a long history.  The oldest dated stone in the church is in memory of a death which occurred in 1629. In 1975 after much perseverance the interior of the church was painted with biblical scenes.  The work was completed over 3 years by the locally renowned artist Henry Bird.  Many residents of that time appear in the murals, having sat as models. The mural scheme which  took 17 years from conception to completion still draws visitors. 

                                    

 

 

               

 

Services at St Margarets take place as follows

1st Sunday     9am Holy Communion, followed by tea, coffee and biscuits

2nd Sunday    4pm Worship for All, followed by tea and cake

3rd Sunday     11am Worship for All, coffee & biscuits from 10.45am

4th Sunday     No service at St Margaret’s (see calendar for details of other services in the Benefice)

5th Sunday     Benefice Service (see calendar for details).

 

Dedication of new flag pole at St Margaret's (2.4.17)